Black Bean Veggie Burger

Last night I made some delicious black bean veggie burgers! I'd made them previously before then and they were better the second time around, no doubt.











Ingredients:

  • 1 yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 egg (optional)
  • 1 T chopped bell pepper
  • 1 tsp chopped garlic
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 T A1 sauce or bbq sauce of your choice
  • 1/2 tsp onion power 
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 cup brown rice
  • 1 tsp chilli powder
  • 1 tsp salt  
  • olive oil (as much as needed)
  • 1 can of black beans

Before I start this recipe full on, I cook my brown rice.  Considering it takes about 40 minutes to cook, I use that time to prepare my other ingredients.

Rinse off and dry black beans and set aside.



In a saucepan, heat garlic, onion and bell pepper in 2 T of olive oil on medium heat for 15 minutes or until brown--stir occasionally and season with salt and pepper.


In a food processor, place garlic, onion, and bell pepper along with black beans and pulse about 6-10 times.  This should combine the ingredients enough to where they aren't mushy. (this photo is before the ingredients were pulsed. My food processor was set to 'ON' and made my mixture one pulse away from soggy. :/ )


In a large bowl,  place the mixture and add the rest of the spices, A1 sauce, salt, and egg and brown rice.  Mix together with hand until combined.  Adding the egg helps the ingredients to bind better.  Sticking them in the fridge for about half an hour also helps to keep them together.



In an iron skillet on medium heat, heat olive and let the burgers grille for 2 minutes on each side.  Add whatever ingredients you desire to the burger.  I added Swiss cheese, spinach and tomato on a whole wheat bun. :)


alright, there it is! hope you enjoy this recipe! :)

11 comments :

  1. very yummy! your blog looks very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe, thank you so much!! you are so kind! I visited your blog and yours is lovely as well :) love your sense of fashion. so many cute pieces! i will definitely stay in touch! <3

      Delete
  2. Wonderful recipe,love it.*__*
    I'm a veggie,too. I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're a vegetarian too? yay! haha & thank you for the compliment! your blog is very cool! Can I borrow some of your clothes too? just kidding ;) look forward to your future posts! thanks again for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. It looks delicious!!! I also try to challenge :)

    I followed your blog ‼Hope you could follow back!
    modee13.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was very delicious! I had some for dinner yesterday too. I followed your blog as well. thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you sooo much for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on gfc and bloglovin,too.
    Do you also follow me on bloglovin???
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm still trying to figure out gfc, but I followed you on bloglovin! :)

      Delete
  5. Very rich!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure :) I am not sure how to use gfc, but I will figure it out! I'll follow on bloglovin

      Delete

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *